Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting the Key to my Classroom!

My dreams have come to life with the opportunity of a lifetime to become a teacher.  After a long job hunt I decided to become apart of the New Albany Floyd County School System in the southern part of Indiana.  I accepted a job as a sixth grade math and science teacher at Highland Hills Middle School.  As a lifelong resident of the Lexington area of Kentucky I've started to pack up my belongings and move to Kentuckiana (aka living in Kentucky and working in Indiana). 

I decided to start a blog to document my first year as a teacher and see the progression of my career.  (Hopefully I will one day have other teacher followers!) I guess to start off I should start with my empty room.  The previous teacher whose room I took over was very generous as to leave me some of his teacher supplies such as his whole classroom library, manipulatives, posters, dry erase boards and markers, etc.  I was extremely lucky that he was willing to leave me his supplies!  Other than his supplies my room is very empty and ready for my crafty decorating skills.  I will soon put my Cricut into action and it will look like the classrooms pinned on Pinterest, well that is the plan at least.

I have attached pictures of my room.  I am fortunate to have a SmartBoard, lots of storage, and white board space (there is a large one on the wall not shown).  Hopefully the next images will be more colorful and child frendly!




No comments:

Post a Comment